ibm db2 support

chris rehfeld

Jan 20, 2016, 6:00:49 PM1/20/16
to Sequelize
I'm considering using Sequelize for an upcoming project, but I need to use ibm db2. Sequelize doesn't seem to support db2 right now, but me and a friend are considering contributing a new dialect.

Assuming we do a decent job...would the project leads consider integrating it?

btw - I'm only considering offering db2 LUW (Linux Unix Windows) support, and not necessarily db2 for Z O/S. They're similar products, and so it's likely that the code would work for both in most cases, but there's nuances which differ between them.

Mick Hansen

Jan 21, 2016, 3:19:25 AM1/21/16
to chris rehfeld, Sequelize
We would definitely consider integrating it.
On the caveat that someone agrees to maintain it and answer questions related to it.
We integrated MSSQL on a similar premise and that didn't work out too great i'm afraid.
--
Mick Hansen
@mhansendev

chris rehfeld

Jan 26, 2016, 3:20:40 PM1/26/16
to Sequelize, rehfel...@gmail.com
Sure, we don't mind maintaining it and answering questions.

If we decide to go ahead with it, we'll be in touch!

btw - beautiful code base.

mbru...@manitoulintransport.com

Apr 25, 2016, 4:15:09 PM4/25/16
to Sequelize, rehfel...@gmail.com
Hi Chris,

Any luck in implementing the DB2 dialect for Sequelize?

If you've started out perhaps we could lend a hand..?

We are currently considering our options for an ORM that works with our legacy DB2 database. It happens to be DB2 for i Series, but I think the differences are small enough to have one dialect that will handle either, depending on the config settings, without overly complicating the code.

chris rehfeld

Apr 25, 2016, 4:24:34 PM4/25/16
to mbru...@manitoulintransport.com, Sequelize
We ended up writing the project in java instead of node, so we didn't pursue the db2 adapter for now.

Best of luck!