lucene 3.0.3 problem?

ThomasCRichmond

Dec 9, 2010, 2:05:08 PM12/9/10
to Semantic Vectors
The integration tests failed when I use lucene 3.0.3. Here's the
stack:

[java] org.apache.lucene.store.NoSuchDirectoryException: directory '/
Users/tcr/code/SemanticVectors/semanticvectors/test/testdata/tmp/
5f70bea5' does not exist
[java] at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.listAll(FSDirectory.java:235)
[java] at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.listAll(FSDirectory.java:258)
[java] at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos
$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:568)
[java] at
org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:73)
[java] at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:316)
[java] at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:188)
[java] at
pitt.search.semanticvectors.LuceneUtils.<init>(LuceneUtils.java:72)
[java] at
pitt.search.semanticvectors.DocVectors.<init>(DocVectors.java:73)
[java] at
pitt.search.semanticvectors.BuildIndex.main(BuildIndex.java:158)
[java] at
pitt.search.semanticvectors.integrationtests.RegressionTests.testBuildAndSearchBasicIndex(RegressionTests.java:
70)
[java] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
[java] at
39)
[java] at
25)
[java] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
[java] at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod
$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
[java] at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:
15)
[java] at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:
41)
[java] at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:
20)
[java] at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:
28)
[java] at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runNotIgnored(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:
79)
[java] at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:
71)
[java] at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:
49)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:
193)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner
$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
[java] at
org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access
$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner
$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:
236)
[java] at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:128)
[java] at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:24)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:
193)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner
$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
[java] at
org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access
$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner
$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
[java] at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:
236)
[java] at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:157)
[java] at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:136)
[java] at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:127)
[java] at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.runClasses(JUnitCore.java:
76)
[java] at
pitt.search.semanticvectors.integrationtests.RunTests.runJUnitTests(RunTests.java:
94)
[java] at
pitt.search.semanticvectors.integrationtests.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:
161)

I don't know if this is a problem with lucene or semantic vectors. But
I thought I'd provide a warning before anyone else spends 30 minutes
checking out old revisions of SV trying to make the test work. My
solution was to return to lucene 3.0.2.

Dominic Widdows

Dec 9, 2010, 2:27:12 PM12/9/10
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for raising this. I wonder why it's looking for a directory
called "5f70bea5"?

Has anyone else had trouble with Lucene 3.0.3? Is it only the test
that fails, have you seen Lucene 3.0.3 work in other contexts?

Best wishes,
Dominic

Johann Petrak

Dec 9, 2010, 5:52:51 PM12/9/10
to Semantic Vectors
I have checked in a fix that seems to work on my system (Ubuntu Linux
10.10, 32-bit)

Cheers,
Johann