Input on a habit hacking idea

Sam Pattuzzi

Feb 3, 2015, 11:50:51 AM2/3/15
to self-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi quantified self-ers,

I have recently quit my job to become a full-time entrepreneur (read unemployed). I'm looking for a bit of feedback on an idea I've had and given it's tangentially related to the quantified self movement, I thought I would ask your expert opinions.

I have recently been running an experiment helping people to alter their morning habits: in particular, to provide motivation for waking up earlier. We find that many quantified self-ers are trying to hack this habit for themselves but it can be difficult one to crack. If this is a difficulty that you experience, I would be very interested in having a chat with you.

The basic premise: you decide what time you want to get up tomorrow by filling out a form. The next morning you either wake up and send us a morning selfie, or lose the money you bet.

Additionally, I have been set the rather tough goal of getting 10 more participants in the experiment by the end of the week. So if anybody is interested in giving it a go, I have set up a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1408913919403891/

Please get in touch if you are interested or have some thoughts to share.

Kind regards,
Sam