Multiple datasets for diabetes and mood tracking

Adriana Lukas

May 2, 2014, 11:14:30 AM5/2/14
to self-h...@googlegroups.com

cross-posted from the London QS meetup page

Dear QS all,

I was wondering if anyone has been tracking several variables for diabetes such as blood sugar, diet, exercise, basically as many as possible. Same for mood tracking, i.e. not only emotional states but let's say location, activity or any other variables. I know that mappiness app, for example, does some location and activity context for the mood data but any data sets including those collected without an app would be most welcome.

And if you have such datasets, would you be willing to share it for a very specific purpose - demonstrating what a sophisticated data analysis could do for an individual who has multiple datasets.

This would be to show that single data streams produced by many apps and devices are inadequate for proper understanding of tracked variables, let alone a meaningfully quantified self. I would also try to make a case that sophisticated analytical capability at individual level would uncover insights that cannot be obtained in any other way.

The data will not be associated with you in any way, unless of course you desire such attribution, and would be purely for making the above case.

Please let me if you can help by replying to this email, which will go directly to me.

Many thanks!

Adriana