Unexpected Exception: Error: Access to 'myFile' from script denied. Firefox 27

Sky Nelson

Feb 10, 2014, 2:04:35 PM2/10/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,
I am helping colleagues install Firefox.

They entered a selenium command
command: open
target: file:///C:myfile.html

They received an error when trying to load a local file into Selenium IDE
"Unexpected Exception: Error: Access to 'myFile' from script denied."

Repro Steps to resolve:
1. I tried going to a new window in firefox and opening "about:config"
2. search for security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy. Double click to change from TRUE to FALSE.

Results:
On firefox 26, this worked. I can now open the local file without error.

Then the next day there was an automatic update to Firefox 27.

Now that fix no longer works. The receive the "Access denied error" every time.

Any ideas?

Jacques Plamondon

Sep 29, 2016, 11:52:47 PM9/29/16
to Selenium Users

I did include my local file under Option // Security // Exceptions  in  Allow sites in Firefox as file:///C:myfile.html
It did worked for me
Hope this is helpfull :-)

Praveen Kumar

Sep 30, 2016, 12:21:35 AM9/30/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com, plamo...@gmail.com

Just assuming this may help you

Try keeping the file in another Drive say 'D:' and work on it

Andreas Tolfsen

Sep 30, 2016, 6:23:08 AM9/30/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com, Jacques Plamondon
You are aware this is a topic from 2014?