Selenium IDE button doesn't show up in title or tool bars

Saiu

Dec 3, 2016, 11:37:24 PM12/3/16
to Selenium Users
I installed Selenium IDE, button and other extensions in my Firefox 50 (later downgraded to 49 while trying to resolve issues). I also tried to find Selenium IDE button in 'customize' screen button but it doesn't show up anywhere. The Add-ons show up as they are installed in the AddOns section. When I try to click on the options for the Selenium Addon then the firefox hangs up on me.

Anyone encountered similar issues with Firefox and Selenium IDE?

Please help.

Thank you.
--
Sailu

Shawn Conlin

Dec 4, 2016, 12:39:20 PM12/4/16
to Selenium Users
Selenium IDE is a deprecated product. To use newer versions of Firefox (after 46?) you should upgrade to Selenium 3.0 which no longer includes or supports Selenium IDE.

Sachin Gauba

Dec 14, 2016, 10:41:09 PM12/14/16
to Selenium Users
There is a new IDE plugin for latest versions by name Seedex I think, once installed it will be available under tools menu.

Uren You

Dec 20, 2016, 11:51:08 PM12/20/16
to Selenium Users
Do you mean the IDE named Sideex?
There is an extended version of Selenium IDE, called SideeX.
A number of new automation features and bug fixes are included.
Here is the link: http://sideex.org
The add-on can be downloaded from Mozilla Add-ons: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sideex/.
This tool would be updated continuously and make the test case more flexible.

Gauba, Sachin

Dec 20, 2016, 11:52:42 PM12/20/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, thats correct

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin Gauba.

Anish Pillai

Dec 21, 2016, 7:31:27 PM12/21/16
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I have used Selenium IDE version 2.9.1 on Firefox 50.0.2 and it works perfectly fine. I haven't faced any issues as such.

To open it after installing, just press "Ctrl + Alt + S" keys. It will open Selenium IDE.

Its installed from - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/selenium-ide/

Regards,
Anish
www.automationtestinghub.com