How to start

Rajan Chincholkar

Feb 18, 2015, 9:17:00 AM2/18/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We have decided to implement Selenium in our Company for Web application testing.

I am new to automation and do not have any coding experience.

Can Selenium be used without coding knowledge and what all do I need to download?

Please could someone help.

Thank you
Rajan

Gustave Stresen-Reuter

Feb 18, 2015, 4:45:24 PM2/18/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
It *can* be done without any coding experience but you won't really be able to automate it as that does require programming.

HTH,

Ted Stresen-Reuter

Rajan Chincholkar

Feb 19, 2015, 2:42:18 AM2/19/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gustave,

Thank you for your reply.

As I understand, I would require a Developer's help to set up the automation. Is that correct?

Is there any course that I can take to learn Selenium as a fresher?

Thank you
Rajan

Kumara swamy

Feb 19, 2015, 2:49:01 AM2/19/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
You must have minimum corejava  basics.

CH!NN@ K

Feb 19, 2015, 3:47:09 AM2/19/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rajan , below link is requirement of all Selenium download.
http://techlearn.in/qa-content/QAusefullinks

---
Thanks & Regards,
Purushotham Karimbedu,
Drupal Developer and QA Engineer,
Website for Selenium : http://techlearn.in

Gustave Stresen-Reuter

Feb 19, 2015, 5:08:42 AM2/19/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Rajan,

http://www.pushtotest.com/selenium-tutorial-for-beginners-toc
(although this may be a bit outdated)

Also, the Selenium web site and Google Code wiki have a good amount of documentation.

I've probably put 10 to 20 hours into learning how to set this up and automate things, and I'm a somewhat experienced developer. I estimate I've got another 10 to 20 hours before I've got a minimal testing grid set up, so, I would not define this as easy.

Good luck.

Ted (yes, I go by Ted)

Rajan Chincholkar

Feb 19, 2015, 5:54:16 AM2/19/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ted.

The information was really helpful.

I will go through the links and will need to figure out as to how do I ride on this rough road :)

Rajan

Rajan Chincholkar

Feb 19, 2015, 6:18:13 AM2/19/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Uttam,

Thank you for your reply. That was very helpful.

I will go through the links.

Warm regards
Rajan

Rajan Chincholkar

Feb 23, 2015, 3:37:41 AM2/23/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Any Selenium classes in Mumbai you know about to learn the basics?

Mukesh otwani

Feb 25, 2015, 1:02:45 PM2/25/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajan,

No need to join any class. Selenium is very popular and you will get bunch of material free.

Start from installation then Basic then advance.

Check my blog and let me know if you face any issue :)

http://www.learn-automation.com/p/selenium-webdriver.html

Rajan Chincholkar

Feb 26, 2015, 5:46:53 AM2/26/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mukesh,

Thank you for the help!

I will go through your blog and get back to you.

Thank you once again!

Rajan Chincholkar

Mar 2, 2015, 5:20:50 AM3/2/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hello People,

What could be the solution to this error:

Ripon Al Wasim

Mar 2, 2015, 5:52:12 AM3/2/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Without coding experience, you can use Selenium IDE only in Firefox. Unfortunately, Selenium IDE has some limitations.

br,
Ripon