Ignore Protected Mode capability not working in Python Robot framework

Mrinal Nandi

Apr 18, 2018, 5:17:06 AM4/18/18
to Selenium Users
Hi,

We are unable to launch Internet explorer using Python Robot framework. Exception we are getting "SessionNotCreatedException: Message: Unexpected error launching Internet Explorer. Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected Mode must be set to the same value (enabled or disabled) for all zones."

Due to company policy we are not allowed to modify Protected mode setting values in IE.

We have already tried to add DesiredCapability for "ignoreProtectedModeSettings"  with value True for local or remote execution. But it seems it not working.

Please guide if we can use the desired capability related to ignoreProtectedModeSetting in Selenium2Library for robot framework. Also please let me know if we are missing any other points.

Python Libs:

Package                         Version
------------------------------- -------
clipboard                       0.0.4