Firefox Driver can not connect to 7055

Ed Abshire

Sep 7, 2011, 1:56:57 PM9/7/11
to Selenium Users
So I've been digging through the forums and found various posts on
this.

Firefox starts.
I do not see port 7055 in netstat -a being used.

I see the following error in the Firefox Error Log

-------------------------------
Error: Warning: unrecognized command line flag --verbose

Source File: resource:///components/nsBrowserContentHandler.js
Line: 813
--------------------------------

Any ideas on why --verbose would be an issue?

Here are the details for the run.

-----------------------------
Windows 7 Enterprise N SP1
Firefox 6.0.2

The error I am seeing in the Firefox Error Log

Error: Warning: unrecognized command line flag --verbose

Source File: resource:///components/nsBrowserContentHandler.js
Line: 813
------------------------------
Code I am using to test:

@Test
public void openDriver() {
driver.get("http://www.bing.com");

(new WebDriverWait(driver, 10)).until(new
ExpectedCondition<Boolean>() {
public Boolean apply(WebDriver d) {
return d.getTitle().toLowerCase().startsWith("bing");
}
});

WebElement element = driver.findElement(By.name("q"));
element.sendKeys("cheese");
element.submit();

(new WebDriverWait(driver, 10)).until(new
ExpectedCondition<Boolean>() {
public Boolean apply(WebDriver d) {
return d.getTitle().toLowerCase().startsWith("cheese");
}
});

driver.quit();
}

Ed Abshire

Sep 8, 2011, 6:04:01 PM9/8/11
to Selenium Users
One last piece of info I forgot..

Selenium 2.5.0 from the nexus repository.

-Ed

Ed Abshire

Sep 8, 2011, 6:24:32 PM9/8/11
to Selenium Users
One more thing to note, this is an upgrade from Selenium 1.0.3 RC to
Selenium 2.5 / Web Driver.

The IE and HtmlUnit work fine, but the FirefoxDriver keeps failing to
connect to port 7055 and I never see the WebDriver icon show up in the
status bar.

Paul Hammant

Sep 8, 2011, 6:28:46 PM9/8/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Windows 7 huh?

If you do ipconfig how is your localhost entry listed?
Can you tell us your settings from \Windows\Drivers\Etc\Hosts (or whatever its called these days) for 127.0.0.1

Do you have Cisco VPN software installed (whether running or not) on your machine?
Or equivalent VPN software ?

What are you firewall settings?

- Paul

Ed Abshire

Sep 8, 2011, 6:42:42 PM9/8/11
to Selenium Users
Host File entry -
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

Ping localhost resolves to ::1: (IPv6)

VPN - No
Firewall - No

The catch I am running into, using pure WebDriver, this works with no
issue.
Using WebDriver for backwards compatibility with Selenium 1.0.3 and
Firefox is where I get the port 7055 connection error.

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Failed to connect to binary
FirefoxBinary(C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe) on
port 7055; process output follows:
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version:
'6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_27'
Driver info: driver.version: firefox
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version:
'6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_27'
Driver info: driver.version: firefox
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.ExtensionConnectionFactory.connectTo(ExtensionConnectionFactory.java:
46)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.connectTo(FirefoxDriver.java:
139)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
129)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
109)

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Failed to connect
to binary FirefoxBinary(C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
\firefox.exe) on port 7055; process output follows:
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version:
'6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_27'
Driver info: driver.version: firefox
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.connectToBrowser(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
68)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.<init>(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
57)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.ExtensionConnectionFactory.connectTo(ExtensionConnectionFactory.java:
44)
... 30 more
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Failed
to start up socket within 45000
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.AbstractExtensionConnection.connectToBrowser(AbstractExtensionConnection.java:
143)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.connectToBrowser(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
66)
... 32 more

Raja sankar

Sep 9, 2011, 1:28:23 AM9/9/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
In 2.5.0 this issue is fixed.

I use Java, Win 7, Firfox. Faced the same issue in 2.3.0. Changed the jar and works fine. Haven't changed anything in hosts file.

Rajasankar
ராஜசங்கர்