Setting up test data

arjun jagadeesh

Jan 13, 2018, 10:13:37 PM1/13/18
to Selenium Users
Hi ,

I wanted some guidance and help regarding testing up the test data and environment before the test exectuion

Below is my case:

I am using  Selenium Wedriver ,Maven junit framework and is automating a AEM ,Hybris ecommerce application.

Currently we have the requirement to execute the testS in FAT(lower env),SIT and UAT.  The test data required in higher environment are being currently set up manually after the deployment before the execution of the automated tests. However this is not a right approach . I wanted to know if we can automate the test data creation part and execute them before the start of the test execution so that manul test data setup is not required. Example or test data are like set up promotion, AEM components etc. I wanted to check if we can trigger some apis using curl commands and setup these data? Is it feasible? Can you please share a sample code or project which setups the test data and then starts the execution.

Awaiting earliest response as this is urgent :(.

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Jan 13, 2018, 10:19:34 PM1/13/18
to Selenium Users
How is this related to Selenium?
What exactly is your issue ? Please show us what you have as code so far, and let us know where you are stuck and need help.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan