Certificate on Selenium

NARENDER RANA

Jan 18, 2018, 11:48:55 PM1/18/18
to Selenium Users
Certificate in Selenium

Please guide me, i need a certificate in selenium. Check this one and let me know: Certified Selenium Professional

Diego Fernando Molina

Jan 20, 2018, 5:33:01 AM1/20/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Narender,

As far as I know, there is not an official certification for Selenium. Selenium is open source and free for everyone to use.

From my point of view, they could offer you a training and give you a document saying that you attended this training. But that "certification" is not valid anywhere since a certification program or process per se does not exist.

You could find some online courses to help you get started. Sauce Labs has some free ones, https://training.saucelabs.com/courses, also Udemy https://www.udemy.com/selenium-training/

I have not done any of them, but I just wanted to point some resources that might be helpful for you. Maybe someone else has another opinion?

Anuj Gupta

Jan 23, 2018, 10:27:09 PM1/23/18
to Selenium Users
I have found these certification suitable. refer these link. Corporate are looking for such certifications now.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Jan 23, 2018, 10:33:33 PM1/23/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Anuj,

You just quoted search results of a bunch of people’s LinkedIn profile who have added the Vskills certification to their profile.

How do you quantify that this certification is what is helping them be sought after by recruiters?

I am not against any selenium certification, as long its being used for introspection purposes to figure out, how much do I know and how much more should I know. But doing selenium certifications for job prospects is not going to help.

There are no authorized certifications that are universally accepted for Selenium. If one comes out, it may perhaps be only from the selenium project ( but would that happen or not, is beyond the realms of my knowledge)

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan