Selenium 2.48 not working with FF 46

Giang Ho

May 4, 2016, 1:13:58 PM5/4/16
to Selenium Users
I am using Selenium 2.48 and it stop working with FF 46 getting errors such as:

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Failed to connect to binary FirefoxBinary(C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe) on port 7055;

and

org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms.

Does anyone know if 2.53 the latest work with FF 46?
Thanks,
Giang

tanuj tapas

Jun 22, 2016, 2:19:10 PM6/22/16
to Selenium Users

Hi,

I tried with Selenium 2.53 for FF46. it is not working.
may be we need to wait till next release of Selenium.

Please suggest if any one have other solution for FF 46.

Thanks,
Tanuj

HARI M

Jun 24, 2016, 3:32:51 PM6/24/16
to Selenium Users
I was facing same issue.
To solve your issue,
you can downgrade firefox to 45.0.2 if your using latest selenium web driver.

Vijay Sharma

Jun 27, 2016, 1:22:58 AM6/27/16
to Selenium Users
yes   i think one needs to have latest version of selenium jar working with latest version of firefox browser
i am getting the same error many times but once i done with this error gets sorted out