selenium vs casper/phantomjs etc..

bruce

Aug 25, 2016, 11:51:59 AM8/25/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Got a very simple test, does a "fetch" of content from a site. The site uses dynamic java, and other stuff, so static/curl doesn't work.

Using casperjs, I run a simple test, with a wait (css/xpath) to be sure the content is in the returnd page, and then the process exists.  Simple.

The issue, the test might take minutes to run! Yeah, I said minutes!!

So, does anyone know if selenium would be faster.

Thanks

David

Aug 25, 2016, 2:04:10 PM8/25/16
to Selenium Users
Why don't you run it with Selenium to find out? What language are you using? If you were using phantomjs, you could also run the test via the Selenium interface (Ghostdriver or something like driver = webdriver.PhantomJS() ) to see if that makes any difference, although probably not, since the underlying interface is the same. But using Selenium means you need to port your test code since I assume your tests aren't using the WebDriver APIs.

bruce

Aug 25, 2016, 6:54:50 PM8/25/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Really!!

lord dude!!!... sorry..

I asked in the case someone might have experience who could give me a feel for what they've seen.

If I wanted to set up a pocess ad run the test, I could have spent the time, however much that would take to get the "results".

But sometimes, it's acceptable/easier/faster to ask a queston.

rant off...

David

Aug 26, 2016, 3:03:09 PM8/26/16
to Selenium Users
I get your point. So far though, seems no one else responded :(

But sometimes these questions are implementation specific. Responses can be for ballpark general experience, but your actual site/test might run faster or slower than the norm.