capturing auto assigned port to webdriver

Manish Bansal

May 22, 2015, 1:15:07 AM5/22/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Creating a new instance of WebDriver launches a browser automatically and starts the commandExecutor server on a specific port

Console output

Starting ChromeDriver 2.14.313457 (3d645c400edf2e2c500566c9aa096063e707c9cf) on port 20676

Only local connections are allowed.

I am wondering how to find this port number from the ChromDriver's instance (Please suggest any property or method which can provide me this number)

if this is not possible to find it, is it possible to run the instance by providing a custom port number instead of letting it auto assign ?

Krishnan Mahadevan

May 22, 2015, 2:01:44 AM5/22/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Manish,
I don’t think you can get this port value from WebDriver. I also don’t think you can pass in a port number to chromedriver binary and have it start off on a port of your choice as well.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/