CA gets removed from firefox profile when running via selenium

Georg Horn

Dec 14, 2017, 12:18:38 PM12/14/17
to Selenium Users
Hello,

im am using selenium-server-standalone-3.7.1.jar, geckodriver-0.19.1, firefox-55.0.3 and the perl bindings Selenium::Remote::Driver-1.20 on linux.

I have a strange problem with the website https://wob.deutsche-bank.de/trxm/logout/pbc/logout_pbc.html If i start firefox manually i can view the page and in about:preferences it shows the CA that issued the cert for the site:

Then i run the folowing script:

$ cat sel.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Selenium::Remote::Driver;
$d
= Selenium::Remote::Driver->new();
$d
->get("https://wob.deutsche-bank.de/trxm/logout/pbc/logout_pbc.html");

and firefox starts up but then shows me the page saying that the page was not loaded because the issuer of the cert is unknown.

and indeed in the list of CAs that certain CA is now missing:

Since selenium and geckodriver create a copy of the firefox profile folder for each run, someone (geckodriver or selenium?) is removing the CA when making the copy. Has anybody an idea how this can be avoided or what i could do else?

Thanks,

Georg

Georg Horn

Dec 18, 2017, 8:07:14 AM12/18/17
to Selenium Users
I solved this by creating the Selenium::Remote::Driver instance with:

$driver = Selenium::Remote::Driver->new(

'extra_capabilities' => { 'acceptInsecureCerts' => JSON::true }
);

Not really nice but it works...