can we automate JIRA using selenium webdriver for specific operation?

soumyaranjan pradhan

Sep 26, 2016, 5:13:41 PM9/26/16
to Selenium Users

I have a requirement of logging into JIRA and pulling some data from it. I want to write a selenium script for it. But I am not able to login to JIRA using selenium webdriver script. Is there any way I can login through my script?

my script is simple like this:

driver.findElement(By.id("login-form-username")).sendKeys(userName);
driver.findElement(By.id("login-form-password")).sendKeys(passWord);

driver.findElement(By.xpath("//button[contains(@type,'submit')]")).submit();

It clicks the login button but does not get logged in.

Any help?

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Sep 26, 2016, 10:53:14 PM9/26/16
to Selenium Users
You shouldn't be using Selenium for this. Jira provides APIs to interact with it. So you basically leverage those APIs to interact with the Jira system and get whatever information you require.

In the recent past, I have found this library to be pretty easy to use to interact with a Jira system.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

soumyaranjan pradhan