verifyAttribute cannot find element because it loses the last character of the target

George Beeley

Jul 30, 2015, 5:49:13 PM7/30/15
to Selenium Users
When using the verifyAttribute command to verify that an input field has the correct class, the log shows an error saying that the element attribute could not be found, but the element attribute that it says can't be found doesn't match the target that I'm using; the last character is missing. I've verified the target is valid by using the find button on the true target and also when changing the class of the element and leaving the target the same, in which case it cannot find it.

Code of the test:

Log info:
  • [info] Executing: |assertAttribute | css=input#first-name.validate | |
  • [error] Element css=input#first-name.validat not found

Debug log:
  • [info] Executing: |assertAttribute | css=input#first-name.validate | |
  • [debug] Command found, going to execute assertAttribute
  • [debug] modifyWindow seleniumMarker1438250451076:selenium1438250451077
  • [debug] _getFrameElement: frameElement=null
  • [debug] modifySeparateTestWindowToDetectPageLoads: already polling this window: selenium1438250451077
  • [debug] getCurrentWindow newPageLoaded = false
  • [error] Element css=input#first-name.validat not found
  • [debug] testComplete: failed=false