http 403 error

David

Apr 20, 2006, 1:05:59 PM4/20/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
I get the following error when I try to run selenium server on my win xp dev box.
Any ideas on what is going wrong here? I'm completely new to selenium-rc and have not been able to get the .net drivers going for any of the sample tests.

java -jar selenium-server.jar -interactive

Apr 20, 2006 9:33:12 AM org.mortbay.http.HttpServer doStart
INFO: Version Jetty/0.7.1
Apr 20, 2006 9:33:12 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started HttpContext[/,/]
Apr 20, 2006 9:33:12 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started HttpContext[/selenium-server,/selenium-server]
Apr 20, 2006 9:33:12 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started HttpContext[/selenium-server/driver,/selenium-server/driver]
Apr 20, 2006 9:33:12 AM org.mortbay.http.SocketListener start
INFO: Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:4444
Apr 20, 2006 9:33:12 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started org.mortbay.jetty.Server@a62fc3
Entering interactive mode... type Selenium commands here (e.g: cmd=open&1=http:/
/www.yahoo.com)

---> Requesting http://localhost:4444/selenium-server/driver?
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://loc
alhost:4444/selenium-server/driver/
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown So
urce)
at java.net.URLConnection.getContent(Unknown Source)
at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer$3.run(SeleniumServer.java:2
63)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

cmd=getNewBrowserSession&1=*iexplore&2=http://www.google.com

---> Requesting http://localhost:4444/selenium-server/driver?cmd=getNewBrowserSe
ssion&1=*iexplore&2=http://www.google.com
---> Requesting http://localhost:4444/selenium-server/driver?
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://loc
alhost:4444/selenium-server/driver/
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown So
urce)
at java.net.URLConnection.getContent(Unknown Source)
at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer$3.run(SeleniumServer.java:2
63)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
queryString = cmd=getNewBrowserSession&1=*iexplore&2=http://www.google.com
Apr 20, 2006 9:42:56 AM org.mortbay.util.Container start
INFO: Started HttpContext[/,/]
Got result: OK,1145551372101

Dan Fabulich

Apr 20, 2006, 1:19:22 PM4/20/06
David wrote:

> Any ideas on what is going wrong here? I'm completely new to selenium-rc
> and have not been able to get the .net drivers going for any of the
> sample tests.

It looks like you hit Enter a few times in interactive mode without
entering a command. We should have given you a better error message when
you do this (I've filed this as bug SRC-46) but it's totally harmless.

It looks like you did eventually type one command that worked
(cmd=getNewBrowserSession...) and for that you got the expected result
("OK" followed by a session ID number).

So, as far as I can tell, it is actually working. :)
> Got result: OK,1145551372101

-Dan

David

Apr 20, 2006, 2:12:48 PM4/20/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

I think I am starting to get the hang of it on the cmd line.

Still struggling with using the .net driver in nunit. I'll post another question once I play a bit more.

David

Apr 20, 2006, 4:38:28 PM4/20/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
The google example would not run at all, I got a "connect was actively refused".
I switched google to yahoo and the test starts to run ( browser opens and yahoo page shows up) but hangs and pretty much locks my system up. I have to kill the process in task manager.

I am trying to run the test using the nunit GUI and with test runner, both lock up when I run the google example.

Darrell DeBoer

Apr 20, 2006, 5:48:31 PM4/20/06
On 21/04/06, Dan Fabulich <dfab...@warpmail.net> wrote:
> Make sure you can get the GoogleTest to pass before writing your own test
> from scratch.

On this note: Google may not be a good candidate for this test, since
here in Australia I'm redirected to http://www.google.com.au.
Obviously this breaks the test suite due to domain change.

Yahoo works better, but maybe we should use http://www.openqa.org as
our "smoke test"?

ciao
Daz