selenium web driver is not able to click on some links even after locating it

navpreet singh

Sep 1, 2015, 1:24:26 AM9/1/15
to Selenium Users
While executing test cases, I have observed that the selenium is able to locate the element and is able to hover it but the .click() event does work on the link. I can see the pointer and the highlighted URL in the snapshot but the click event does not execute. Instead it throws NoSuchElementFound Exception. Where as manually the link is working fine and opens a new page on click.

Anupam Patil

Nov 13, 2015, 6:53:38 AM11/13/15
to Selenium Users
Check whether it is in frame or not. If it's in frame we need to switch to frame first - then we need to locate the element to click.