Test downloading files?

Frank Duffner

Feb 13, 2008, 6:48:29 AM2/13/08
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
Is it somehow possible to download a file through selenium?
I have link that directs to a file (say a pdf). I can click that link with selenium and a popup shows asking me what to do with that file.
Ideally I would like to click the OK (for download) button to save it in the default directory and than check if it matches a file I uploaded earlier.
(I'm using SeleniumRC with NUnit in cas u where wondering - so checking the file once it's downloaded is no problem)

Any ideas?

Mira

Feb 21, 2008, 8:44:14 AM2/21/08
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am also interested in how I could do the same thing - download a pdf file. And is it possible to make a selection wether to save it under a different name or not save it at all in case it already exists in the target directory. This would mean selecting Yes/No to the "Do you want to replace it?" question. Not sure if Selenium can send the control to a Windows Explorer window and get it back to continue driving the test.

Edited by: mira on Feb 21, 2008 7:45 AM