Selenium IDE test case works in step mode, but not when run all at once

jjshade

Nov 20, 2015, 11:10:42 PM11/20/15
to Selenium Users
I have run into a problem with Selenium IDE for one test case.  I can run the test case when I step through it one instruction at a time, but when I attempt to execute it all at once, I get a failure on the the first step that tries to use an ID -- the error message is as follows:
  • [info] Executing: |verifyText | css=div.table-header | Viewing Participant Dataset Participant - Dataset pilrhealth:mobile:survey_data |
  • [debug] Command found, going to execute verifyText
  • [debug] modifyWindow seleniumMarker1448050376021:selenium1448050376022
  • [debug] _getFrameElement: frameElement=null
  • [debug] modifySeparateTestWindowToDetectPageLoads: already polling this window: selenium1448050376022
  • [debug] getCurrentWindow newPageLoaded = false
  • [error] Element css=div.table-header not found
  • [debug] commandError
  • [debug] testComplete: failed=true
  • [info] Test case failed

If I run the same test in step mode I don't get this error.  Copy of log follows:

The gui element is found and the test works.  I have not been able to figure out what is different about the two runs.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

murali seleniumtrainer

Nov 21, 2015, 9:40:10 PM11/21/15
to Selenium Users
Hi,

Did you tried with pause command before that element not found failure..?

Command: pause
Target: 3000
Value:

Thanks

jjshade

Nov 23, 2015, 9:43:41 AM11/23/15
to Selenium Users
Yes.  My first thought was that the automated execution was happening too fast.  I inserted a pause statement with value 3000.  Test still failed

Felicia Hsieh

Nov 30, 2015, 6:38:08 PM11/30/15
to Selenium Users
Sometimes your element is in a frame (and not accessible), so you need to use "selectFrame" command. Sometimes you have to direct the attention the the web element. Some commands that have worked include focus(), mousemove(), clickAndWait(), click(). Add these commands BEFORE the real test step. Also, try to use another location strategy.