.Net Edge Driver stable enough to start migration from IE?

Always a student

Oct 13, 2017, 5:44:24 PM10/13/17
to Selenium Users
Hi All,

I have been using IE untill now. Very difficult to debug, very slow for execution. I looked at Edge driver info online a few days ago and realized it was not ready yet. I mean, it didnt have all the feature Chrome or FF would have. But today I noticed there is a NuGet package from Microosoft, uploaded 4 months ago. I installed it and ran just one test case and it passed with some issues (reading html table and storing in memory) . Also, I noticed it was even a little faster than Chrome on a few pages(which was a surprise to me). Now, before starting complete migration from IE to Edge, I wanted to know from your experience, if you feel it is stable enough to start using right now? Or, are they still any major issues, that we should be aware of. Could you let me know?

Thanks

Jim Evans

Oct 13, 2017, 6:13:55 PM10/13/17
to Selenium Users
The Microsoft Edge driver passes 87.19% of the tests in the Selenium project’s .NET test suite. This compares to 99.35% for IE and 99.20% for Chrome. Firefox using geckodriver weighs in at passing 91.61%. This data is provided simply as information; it makes no claim to any sort of subjective evaluation like “stability.”

Always a student

Oct 16, 2017, 12:39:13 PM10/16/17
to Selenium Users
Thanks very much for the info Jim