Selenium RC for firefox version 5.0

Unknown U

Aug 23, 2011, 8:14:21 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was trying my selenium RC scripts in firefox version 5.0 but it is not working. I changed my selenium server version from my previous version 2.0a2 to selenium-server-standalone-2.0b3 but even then it is not working. It gives the message as Launching firefox not more than that and a  plain screen is displayed.

Before my program worked fine with fire fox 3.6.18 and  with IE 7 . But now I need to run my scripts with following browsers.
Firefox 5.
google chrome
opera
safari
IE7

Kindly anyone tell me whether the selenium version is compatible with the above browsers, If not what are the selenium versions that compatible for the above browser versions.Please find attached the screen shot of the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Priya
firefox.JPG

Unknown U

Aug 23, 2011, 8:18:34 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
firefox.JPG

poobathy r

Aug 23, 2011, 8:21:42 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Please  share  your code here
It should  open single browser only.

--Poobathy

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 23, 2011, 8:28:19 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Priya,

selenium-server-standalone-2.0b3 is a very old version. Can you please try downloading 2.4.0 and retry

You can download the latest version of selenium standalone from : http://selenium.googlecode.com/files/selenium-server-standalone-2.4.0.jar

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Unknown U

Aug 23, 2011, 10:25:10 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the kind reply Krishnan. I tried downloading Server 2.4.0 I gave the argument as -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.4.0.jar in External Tool Configurations but while running the selenium server, it throws the error message.

Aug 23, 2011 7:51:19 PM org.openqa.grid.selenium.GridLauncher main
INFO: Launching a standalone server
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultDriverSessions.registerDriver(DefaultDriverSessions.java:76)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultDriverSessions.registerDefaults(DefaultDriverSessions.java:67)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultDriverSessions.<init>(DefaultDriverSessions.java:56)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultDriverSessions.<init>(DefaultDriverSessions.java:51)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.createWebDriverRemoteContext(SeleniumServer.java:313)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.assembleHandlers(SeleniumServer.java:299)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.createJettyServer(SeleniumServer.java:258)19:51:19.673 INFO - Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_11-b03
19:51:19.673 INFO - OS: Windows XP 5.1 x86
19:51:19.683 INFO - v2.4.0, with Core v2.4.0. Built from revision 13337

    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.<init>(SeleniumServer.java:231)
    at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.main(SeleniumServer.java:200)
    at org.openqa.grid.selenium.GridLauncher.main(GridLauncher.java:40)

Please advice.

Thanks,
Priya

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 23, 2011, 10:27:14 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Priya,
If I remember correctly, I think you would probably need Java 1.6

You seem to be on 1.5.0
at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.createJettyServer(SeleniumServer.java:258)19:51:19.673 INFO - Java: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_11-b03

You could try and upgrade your Java to 1.6 and see if that helps.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Ambika Rajagopalan

Aug 23, 2011, 10:36:23 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Even I have the same problem. Mine was working fine in Firefox 3.6 and after upgrading the firefox to version 5 and server version to 2.4.0 I get a similar error. I guess I should have stayed in older version.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 23, 2011, 10:48:01 AM8/23/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
@Ambika,

Please note that in your case you are facing a NoClassDefFoundError, but I guess in Priya's case, the exception being encountered is Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError normally I have seen pop up everytime there's a java incompatibility.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Unknown U

Aug 24, 2011, 1:08:51 AM8/24/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Krishnan. As you said, am using jdk1.5.0_11 and junit-4.5, jxl, selenium-java-client-driver, selenium-server-standalone-2.4.0 as my Libraries.

If u dont mind, I'll be helpful if u could please tell me the path to download Java 1.6 and whether my libraries are correct enough to work on it.

Thanks in advance,
Priya

azeer aze

Aug 24, 2011, 2:11:19 AM8/24/11
to Selenium Users
hi

for running selenium scripts in firefox 5 you have to add the assembly
reference for it.

assembly reference WebDriver.Firefox will work only for firefox 3.6

On Aug 24, 10:08 am, Unknown U <dayda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Krishnan. As you said, am using jdk1.5.0_11 and
> junit-4.5, jxl, selenium-java-client-driver,
> selenium-server-standalone-2.4.0 as my Libraries.
>
> If u dont mind, I'll be helpful if u could please tell me the path to
> download Java 1.6 and whether my libraries are correct enough to work on it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Priya
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Krishnan Mahadevan <
>
> krishnan.mahadevan1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > @Ambika,
>
> > Please note that in your case you are facing a NoClassDefFoundError, but I
> > guess in Priya's case, the exception being encountered is *Exception in
> > thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number
> > in .class file*
>
> > java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError normally I have seen pop up
> > everytime there's a java incompatibility.
>
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Krishnan Mahadevan
>
> > "All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening
> > or in love with someone else!"
>
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Ambika Rajagopalan <ambi...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Even I have the same problem. Mine was working fine in Firefox 3.6 and
> >> after upgrading the firefox to version 5 and server version to 2.4.0 I get a
> >> similar error. I guess I should have stayed in older version.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 24, 2011, 12:43:50 PM8/24/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Priya,

Regarding yor libraries for selenium, I guess you pretty much have everything if you just have  selenium-server-standalone-2.4.0.jar with you.

Hope that helps !
Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Unknown U

Aug 25, 2011, 8:57:34 AM8/25/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much Krishnan for your kind help. I hope it will work. I'll try and confirm.

Thanks once again.
Priya

OldGrantonian

Sep 1, 2011, 6:16:07 AM9/1/11
to Selenium Users
Hi azeer aze,

>> for running selenium scripts in firefox 5 you have to add the assembly
>> reference for it.

>> assembly reference WebDriver.Firefox will work only for firefox 3.6

My scripts were OK in Firefox 3.6. I now have Firefox 5.0

I'm not a techie. Can you please advise me how to "add the assembly
reference"

OldGrantonian

Sep 2, 2011, 9:55:38 AM9/2/11
to Selenium Users
I'm bumping this, just in case some new members, or members who have
been on vacation, might know how to implement azeer aze's suggestion
to "add the assembly reference"

I'm using MS Visual C#