Xpath or CSS generators for Firefox or Chrome

sct...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2017, 10:28:26 PM10/19/17
to Selenium Users
I'm not having much luck finding plugins that will help me with my Selenium webdriver development. Firebug for FF is no longer supported. Selenium IDE is also not working for me. I have tried several plugins for both FF & Chrome, but not having any luck finding something that will generate xpath or CSS strings. I am also open to any stand alone gui spy apps (not just plugins). Recommendations appreciated!

Ripon Al Wasim

Oct 20, 2017, 12:41:49 AM10/20/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You can install FirePath in FF.

Another plugin is very good. You can install "WebDriver Element Locator" in Firefox from   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/element-locator-for-webdriv/

br,
Ripon

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 9:19 AM, <sct...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not having much luck finding plugins that will help me with my Selenium webdriver development. Firebug for FF is no longer supported. Selenium IDE is also not working for me. I have tried several plugins for both FF & Chrome, but not having any luck finding something that will generate xpath or CSS strings. I am also open to any stand alone gui spy apps (not just plugins). Recommendations appreciated!

David

Oct 20, 2017, 2:13:36 PM10/20/17
to Selenium Users
There's also Firefinder for FF, if it still works with latest versions of FF.

This post I wrote on tooling/scripting for cross-browser support has links to some tools that might help as well: https://autumnator.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/testing-xpath-and-css-locators-firepath-style-across-browsers/

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 9:41:49 PM UTC-7, Ripon Al Wasim wrote:
Hi,
You can install FirePath in FF.

Another plugin is very good. You can install "WebDriver Element Locator" in Firefox from   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/element-locator-for-webdriv/

br,
Ripon
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 9:19 AM, <sct...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not having much luck finding plugins that will help me with my Selenium webdriver development. Firebug for FF is no longer supported. Selenium IDE is also not working for me. I have tried several plugins for both FF & Chrome, but not having any luck finding something that will generate xpath or CSS strings. I am also open to any stand alone gui spy apps (not just plugins). Recommendations appreciated!

David

Oct 20, 2017, 2:14:49 PM10/20/17
to Selenium Users
And btw, one could also try and see if Firebug Lite (which isn't a plugin) will work on FF even though the "full" plugin might not work anymore.

prakashn...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2017, 10:56:04 PM10/23/17
to Selenium Users