Selenium Grid jumbled log files/reports NUnit, C#, Static - Alternative MSTest?

Always a student

Nov 24, 2017, 1:02:56 PM11/24/17
to Selenium Users
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

I thought I am almost close to start using Grid after doing a lot of modifications to my solution but once I registered multiple nodes and started executing test cases in parallel, i see that the results file is jumbled, in the sense, result of one test case gets added to another test cases's results file and that test case isn't even executing on that node.

I did some research and it seems Grid doesnt like the Static varaible for WebDriver. Now, my solution has this Static webdriver all over it.

My question is, is it enough to just make this webdriver varaible non static and it will fix the issue or do I have to remove the Static word from everywhere in the solution?(other classes, methods, variables in the solution) to make it work.  I am asking because it will be a lot of work just changing this webdriver static to non static thing and if after doing this if Grid still doesnt work, that will be a lot of time wasted for nothing. In that case, I can at least start looking for a Grid alternative from now itself instead of spending anymore time on this. (company willing to buy MSTest if too much time needed to spend to make this work)

Would using MSTest with Test Controller and Test Agent setup be a good alternative? Please suggest.

Thanks :)

advanceau...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 12:35:10 PM11/27/17
to Selenium Users
Unfortunately, the only option to make grid work is to take out those static. Make sure your WebDriver object is RemoteWebDriver for Grid.
If you prefer not to change the entire code - Jenkins and some plugins would be your alternative.

(Would using MSTest with Test Controller and Test Agent setup be a good alternative) - Never tried this so can't comment.