Automation Framework

Gajendra Jain

Nov 24, 2015, 2:31:19 AM11/24/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We have to start automating our Web application using Selenium Webdriver, Since we are beginners we are not using any framework.

Is there any Automation Framework created using following technology and can be executed in Continuous integration environment?

1. Selenium Webdriver
2. Junit 4
3. Maven (Surefire plugin to generate a html report)
4. Jenkins

if anyone is aware of this, could you please share the link( Git) it would be of great help to all the beginners.

Thanks
Gajendra

Vikram

Nov 24, 2015, 5:26:02 AM11/24/15
to Selenium Users
You can search for keyword "framework" in this group , you will find quite a few exactly matching your requirements.

I will suggest use one which supports BDD

Regards,
Vikram

mr. Selenide

Nov 24, 2015, 1:45:03 PM11/24/15
to Selenium Users
Hi Gajendra!
Look at Selenide: it's testing framework that is very easy to starts with.
You can use Selenide with Maven, JUnit and Jenkins.

Here is a 10-minute tutorial "How to start writing UI tests in 10 minutes":

Gajendra Jain

Nov 25, 2015, 7:30:48 AM11/25/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the input. Our application is developed using Angular JS. do you suggest Protractor as the best tool to automate the same?

http://thebuddhatree.blogspot.in/

Nov 28, 2015, 11:26:27 AM11/28/15
to Selenium Users

Gajendra Jain

Nov 30, 2015, 3:22:43 AM11/30/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks BuddhaTree,

Its really good framework you have developed.

I have couple of questions
1. Can we execute the test in the SauceLab
2. can we use Protactor in this framework to find the elements, as our WebApplication is developed in AngularJS.
3. Can you give Sample test which make use of this framework?

Thanks Again
Gajendra

sunny sachdeva

Nov 30, 2015, 4:40:21 AM11/30/15
to Selenium Users
In very simple terms Protractor = Jasmine + WebDriverJS.

Most of the frameworks( including the 2 mentioned in this forum) are based on Java. If your application is on AngularJS , yes protractor is something that you should explore and create a fw for yourself.

Gajendra Jain

Nov 30, 2015, 5:15:09 AM11/30/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sunny.

Is it possible to merge both Selenium Webdriver and Protractor way of identifying element in tests and execute it .

Example
Step1. I would launch application using Selenium Webdriver
     WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();
     driver.get("http://www.gmail.com")
Step2. Try to find the element(username) using Protractor and set it
// don't know how to access using protractor
Step3. some other action using Selenium webdriver.
driver.findelement(by.id("txtPass")).SendKeys("abc")

Regards
Gajendra

kumar.ma...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 4:25:26 AM1/12/16
to Selenium Users
hi all i have developed scripts using selenium webdriver in windows ? now i want to run test scripts in linux environment so what configuration is required can u please give me exactly
1.how to configure step by step process?
2.is there any change required in code?thanks in advance help me i am new to this linux environment

Carl Nagle

Jan 12, 2016, 9:28:29 AM1/12/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure you need the scripts to run on Linux? Is it possible you just need the browser session to run on Linux?

You can run the scripts on Windows with the browser session running on Linux through a Selenium Server.

You might want to clarify what it is you really are needing to do.

Carl Nagle