Google image download quota

Chang Alden

Jul 25, 2016, 3:04:13 AM7/25/16
to Selenium Users
I used selenium to download images from Google, but after about one thousand images my image became 0 byte. Is there a way to talk to Google about this? Like make a deal or somesort

David

Jul 26, 2016, 1:08:44 AM7/26/16
to Selenium Users
What are you trying to achieve with the Selenium automation? This seems kinda abuse-y for 1k+ images.

I don't think you could make a deal for something like this unless you're a company (or institution) doing this for a purpose. Some workarounds might be to:
  • download smaller batches at a time
  • slow down your downloads (1 per second/minute or slower, not as fast as Selenium automation can perform it)
  • farm out your downloads across Selenium grid nodes (ideally different geographic regions)
the workarounds basically reduce the likelihood your activity is classified as spammy/abusive.

Chang Alden

Jul 27, 2016, 11:36:31 AM7/27/16
to Selenium Users
Right that is what I am doing. Well it seems the better way of doing is talk with Google about it. Doesn't seem like they'll hand over the images for free though

David於 2016年7月26日星期二 UTC+8下午1時08分44秒寫道: