Selenium not entering captcha

nighttraindb

Jul 28, 2015, 8:26:00 AM7/28/15
to Selenium Users
Hello, I attempted to post this previously however I think I inadvertently did not submit it.

I have a program (created for me) where it goes to a page.
Inputs the captcha code  -- Decaptcher
Then logs in...

Now, the catch is I have changed absolutely nothing on the program and I have it copied to several
different computers.

All of a sudden it does not successfully input the captcha,  It oddly moves past the screen to fast for
the system to actually add the captcha code.   It then goes to the same page over and over and over..

My thinking is either  Google Chrome has had a update that does not agree with the program or Windows OS
has had a update...

So, I did a restore back to a previous date when it was working      still no luck.

Just hoping someone can give me a educated guess since I personally am not a programmer and am unable to reach the person that designed this.

Again been using this for months no issues up until about a day or so ago    and the problem is network wide  all computers  same program  same issue.

Thanks in advance for any info you think may help the situation.

Mercious

Jul 28, 2015, 9:38:56 AM7/28/15
to Selenium Users, darnell...@gmail.com
Websites change and with that Selenium-Code based on it becomes invalid.

Taking from your situation it is most likely the reason for the failure you are expecting.

Did you purchase a Selenium-Application as one-time purchase? That is a horrible idea because every time the hoster of the website changes stuff your application becomes invalid and you, as non programmer, have absolutely no chance of adjusting it.

But maybe you host the website that Selenium operates on yourself?

nighttraindb

Jul 28, 2015, 11:25:19 AM7/28/15
to Selenium Users, hart...@gmx.de
Thank You for responding

-----  Doing a little googling  of extensions in the source code I have I see it is created in C# -----

Thank You for responding.  Hoping you can possibly answer an additional question based on the same issue.

I have 2 different programs

1.  Logs into the website and extracts messages
2.  The other logs into the very same website and sends info.

Both, designed at the same time by the same programmer.   Both I have been using for months

Now, all of a sudden only -- one-- can log in successfully.    There is absolutely no difference in the log in process

In fact I am pretty sure he made the one  then took the very same steps and incorporated it into the other.

I am a -- complete-- novice to all this       do you think someone would be willing to look at it  if I sent them the source code ?.

Mercious

Jul 28, 2015, 11:30:02 AM7/28/15
to Selenium Users, darnell...@gmail.com
That is your only chance, to be honest.

There are way too many reasons why this could happen. And even if we randomly were to guess what the actual problem is .. You would still not be able to adjust it.

Upload the code to something like pastebin or other source code online editors and have some review it.

Or contact whoever made the program for your and ask for a fix.