selenium-html-runner exceptions java.net.BindException or Illegal char <:>

Tibor Száraz

Feb 11, 2017, 4:14:47 AM2/11/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Can somebody the reason of selenium html runner problem?

If I execute this command
java -jar selenium-html-runner-3.0.1.jar -htmlSuite "*iexplore" "http://www.google.com" "c:\selenium\tsRcTest.html" "c:\selenium\results.html"

The internet explorer is opened, and
"http://localhost:38910" is oopened, and the page content is:
"This is the initial start page for the WebDriver server"
 then finally the result this exception:
WARNING: Test of browser failed: *iexplore
java.io.IOException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
        at org.openqa.selenium.server.htmlrunner.HTMLLauncher.determineSuiteUrl(HTMLLauncher.java:180)
        at org.openqa.selenium.server.htmlrunner.HTMLLauncher.runHTMLSuite(HTMLLauncher.java:108)
        at org.openqa.selenium.server.htmlrunner.HTMLLauncher.mainInt(HTMLLauncher.java:245)
        at org.openqa.selenium.server.htmlrunner.HTMLLauncher.main(HTMLLauncher.java:273)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
        at org.openqa.selenium.net.PortProber.pollPort(PortProber.java:154)

I extended with port number the start command
java -jar selenium-html-runner-3.0.1.jar -htmlSuite "*iexplore" "http://www.google.com" "c:\selenium\tsRcTest.html" "c:\selenium\results.html" -port 7272

result the same exception but port was ignored
"Port is longer used as an option and will be ignored."
..

reading more I modified the code to this:
java -jar selenium-html-runner-3.0.1.jar -port 7272 -htmlSuite "*iexplore" "http://www.google.com" "file:///c:/selenium/sRcTest.html" "c:\selenium\results.html"
the rresult is exception
WARNING: Test of browser failed: *iexplore
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 4: file:///c:/selenium/sRcTest.html
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(Unknown Source)

used test files are attached

what is your suggestion? How to execute tests in remote control with selenium-html-runner

Version incompatibility? Should I use other jar? Should I use server-standalone 2.* version instead of 3.* html-runner? os should I use somehow server+html runner parallel?

Előre is köszönöm/Thank you in advance
Üdvözlettel
/Best regards

Tibor, Száraz