closeSeleniumSession() fails to execute if a test case gets failed in Grid 1.0.6

Varun Menon

Apr 15, 2010, 1:09:08 AM4/15/10
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I was working on selenium-grid-1.0.6 which was released recently.
I suppose there is some issue with it.
My cases were working fine with 1.0.4 version but when I was trying to
use the same with 1.0.6. The test cases fails without any proper
message and then the closeSeleniumSession() also fails to execute.

For TestCase I get error.

java.lang.AssertionError: com.thoughtworks.selenium.SeleniumException:
1 200 OK
at org.testng.Assert.fail(Assert.java:87)
at
com.test.commonapi.CustomCollaborationFunctions.takeActionFromDropdown(CustomCollaborationFunctions.java:
76)
at
com.test.selenium.CollaborationClass.testCollaboration(CollaborationClass.java:
134)
at
com.test.selenium.FunctionCall.Call(FunctionCall.java:28)
at
test.testcases.SourcingTab.collaboratePO(SourcingTab.java:25)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
39)
at
25)
at
at
org.testng.internal.MethodHelper.invokeMethod(MethodHelper.java:644)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:546)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethod(Invoker.java:700)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethods(Invoker.java:1002)
at
org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeTestMethods(TestMethodWorker.java:
137)
at
org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(TestMethodWorker.java:121)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

For closeSeleniumSession() :
com.thoughtworks.selenium.SeleniumException: Internal Server Error
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.throwAssertionFailureExceptionOrError(HttpCommandProcessor.java:
97)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.getCommandResponseAsString(HttpCommandProcessor.java:
168)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.executeCommandOnServlet(HttpCommandProcessor.java:
104)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.doCommand(HttpCommandProcessor.java:
86)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.stop(HttpCommandProcessor.java:
252)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium.stop(DefaultSelenium.java:
112)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.grid.tools.ThreadSafeSeleniumSessionStorage.closeSeleniumSession(ThreadSafeSeleniumSessionStorage.java:
33)
at
com.test.selenium.MainClass.closeSession(MainClass.java:54)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
39)
at
25)
at
at
org.testng.internal.MethodHelper.invokeMethod(MethodHelper.java:644)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurationMethod(Invoker.java:
443)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(Invoker.java:160)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeMethod(Invoker.java:612)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethod(Invoker.java:700)
at
org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeTestMethods(Invoker.java:1002)
at
org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeTestMethods(TestMethodWorker.java:
137)
at
org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(TestMethodWorker.java:121)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

matt.nirgue

Apr 15, 2010, 12:11:01 PM4/15/10
to Selenium Users
I've also had this issue when using the latest version of selenium-
grid. One day of research later, I found out it was because I used
some waitForCondition statements in my tests. With the grid 1.0.6, it
tries to heal the RC instances and/or the hub when needed and while my
RC instance was waiting for the condition to be true, it got
unregistered... therefore I "lost" the RC instance the tests were
running on and the test was stopped. I'm not sure this is the same
issue you're dealing with but it looks like it.

When searching on the net, I found out that I was not the only who
encountered this problem... so I think this is an issue that needs to
be fixed ASAP.

Meanwhile, I've downgraded to selenium-grid-1.0.4...

Matt

Varun Menon

Apr 16, 2010, 12:12:45 AM4/16/10
to Selenium Users
Yes same here I also have waitForCondition statement and at that point
I face this issue.
I dont know where the bug needs to be raised. I suppose some developer
of Grid need to look at this issue.