Re: Problem launching browsers, Windows 7 64-bit, webdriver, Selenium 2.22.0, Java 1.6 64-bit SDK

Mike Riley

Jun 20, 2012, 12:48:21 PM6/20/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Is this the server giving the error?  If so, can you show how you invoked it, please.

You might try netstat -n to see what ports are being used.

Mike

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:09:42 PM UTC-7, Jim Patrick wrote:
I've got a colleague who is having problems getting Selenium to successfully launch a browser. We have tried both IE and Firefox. We suspect a port/firewall type of issue based on this stack trace we see when trying to launch IE:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find a free port
    at org.openqa.selenium.net.PortProber.findFreePort(PortProber.java:59)
    at org.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverService$Builder.build(DriverService.java:291)
    at org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriverService.createDefaultService(InternetExplorerDriverService.java:62)
    at org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver.setup(InternetExplorerDriver.java:100)
    at org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver.<init>(InternetExplorerDriver.java:54)

We tried disabling his firewall and that had no effect.

Has anyone already resolved an issue like this?

Thanks

Ivana Zivkovic

Sep 27, 2013, 5:33:48 AM9/27/13
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I'm facing the same issue using PhantomJSDriver and FirefoxDriver. Any other suggestions how can this be solved?

Anonymous241

Jan 24, 2014, 9:48:08 AM1/24/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Try checking your host file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.  Either delete localhost or set it to 127.0.0.1.  This worked for me.

Milic Bogicevic

Feb 8, 2015, 6:54:03 AM2/8/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
This worked for me. Thanks!

Kevin Geary

Mar 13, 2015, 11:43:54 PM3/13/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Worked perfectly. Thanks!

On Friday, 7 June 2013 07:30:42 UTC+1, sandesh hegde wrote:
Check your host file entries : - "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"
If your entry consists of "10.66.193:49 :localhost" then change it to "127.0.0.1  localhost"

Thanks
Sandesh

Rohit Kothari

Mar 2, 2016, 5:34:29 AM3/2/16
to Selenium Users, lvsk...@cox.net
Hi There

I am facing similar problem in Mac..

-Rohit

Szuyu Liu

May 24, 2016, 10:43:43 PM5/24/16
to Selenium Users
Thanks! This is exactly what I need.

Neethu Raghavan

Apr 12, 2017, 1:38:14 AM4/12/17
to Selenium Users
hello sir,
i am also having the same issue. can you help me?

Radhika Agrawal

Jul 12, 2017, 11:12:44 PM7/12/17
to Selenium Users
I am facing the same problem. When i go to the specified location, I see hosts, lmhosts.sam, networks, protocals, services, tmphosts these files.
I checked the hosts file and have "0.0.0.1 mssplus.mcafee.com127.0.0.1       localhost" already.

Please suggest how can I resolve this issue