not able to run selenium-server-2.0a2.jar

tigertester

Mar 16, 2010, 9:42:03 PM3/16/10
to Selenium Users
java -jar sele..-server.jar

gives error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/
commons/logging/LogFactory
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.InjectionHelper.<clinit>(InjectionHelper.java:
21)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.checkArgsSanity(SeleniumServer.java:
642)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.main(SeleniumServer.java:
194)
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
... 15 more

David Burns

Mar 17, 2010, 4:05:03 AM3/17/10
to Selenium Users
you need to run the standalone jar file

java -jar selenium-server-standalone.jar

David Burns
http://www.theautomatedtester.co.uk/

tigertester

Mar 17, 2010, 3:01:03 PM3/17/10
to Selenium Users
Thanks that does work.

But do I need to include any more library for using web driver APIs?

On Mar 17, 4:05 am, David Burns <theautomatedtes...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> you need to run the standalone jar file
>
> java -jar selenium-server-standalone.jar
>

> David Burnshttp://www.theautomatedtester.co.uk/

Mark Collin

Mar 17, 2010, 3:42:02 PM3/17/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
If you are running the latest version of selenium (1.0.3) it has the web
driver stuff in it as well as all the dependencies.

Thanks that does work.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify postm...@ardescosolutions.com

tigertester

Mar 17, 2010, 4:46:12 PM3/17/10
to Selenium Users
So does that mean I dont need selenium-standalone.

And its enuogh to download 1.0.3 and run that with java -jar selenium-
server.jar and
I will have web driver librarys also?