OpenQA.Selenium.Support.UI Issue when compiling Release Build...

mawa316

Aug 23, 2015, 9:12:45 PM8/23/15
to Selenium Users
Hi all,

I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm testing with Selenium/C#.  When I compile my debug build, the process completes successfully.  However, when I try to compile the Release build, receive 'namespace Support does no exist' errors, my using statement is flagged with red, and SelectElement and WebDriverWait are flagged in my code.

What is happening?  Is this .dll not meant to be compiled as a Release version.

Please help - nervous :-/

Thanks in advance!!

mawa316

Aug 28, 2015, 2:06:12 PM8/28/15
to Selenium Users
Does anyone out there know if the Selenium project should just be compiled in Debug or for automated test run, does it need to be Release?  I currently cannot build Release for some reason, but Debug is fine.  Please Help!!

Kaleem Uddin Mohammed Abdul

Aug 29, 2015, 2:13:34 PM8/29/15
to Selenium Users
I am able to compile in Debug and Release mode and I'm using v4.0.30319 of Selenium Dlls.

mawa316 .

Aug 29, 2015, 2:51:10 PM8/29/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried again in a week or so, and will give it another shot with more details if it fails.

mawa316 .

Aug 29, 2015, 3:01:17 PM8/29/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
OK, here is what happens...

Debug - Builds without issue.

As soon as I switch to Release, I get on my using OpenQA.Selenium.Support.UI; statement I get....

"Support does not exist in the namespace ... are you missing a using directive or assembly reference"

I also see similar messages on...

SelectElement & WebDriverWait

Again, I can toggle the errors on/off simply by switching between Release and Debug.

???

mawa316 .

Aug 30, 2015, 9:13:16 PM8/30/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I can also toggle the error on and off by switching the Debug configuration from AnyCPU to x64 and back.

So, I tried the same for Release to no avail!!!

No clue!

mawa316 .

Aug 30, 2015, 9:24:32 PM8/30/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I think I may have solved the issue.  When I examined the Selenium reference properties, I noticed they were pointing to a Debug folder.  I removed and readded the references pointing to a non-solution related folder and I am able to build both Debug and Release!  Whew!!!