Chrome, IE & Safari exe WebDriver to be accessed as dependency or resource from external project

Engr. Riaz Ahmed Memon

Feb 27, 2015, 1:12:23 AM2/27/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have designed a testSuite and provided Chrome, IE and Safari exe webdrivers to launch testSuite in Chrome, IE and Safari browsers. Now i want them to be accessed either by dependency or from any external project. Kindly let me know how to do it?

Krishnan Mahadevan

Feb 27, 2015, 3:15:58 AM2/27/15
to Selenium Users
Can you please elaborate your implementation ? When you say webdrivers are you talking about the server binaries or are you talking about your test code ?

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Engr. Riaz Ahmed Memon <engineer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have designed a testSuite and provided Chrome, IE and Safari exe webdrivers to launch testSuite in Chrome, IE and Safari browsers. Now i want them to be accessed either by dependency or from any external project. Kindly let me know how to do it?

Engr. Riaz Ahmed Memon

Feb 27, 2015, 4:08:58 AM2/27/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am talking about server binaries. Can i use them as dependency or provide them in a jar as a separate project.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Krishnan Mahadevan <krishnan.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (krishnan.ma...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Can you please elaborate your implementation ? When you say webdrivers are you talking about the server binaries or are you talking about your test code ?

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Engr. Riaz Ahmed Memon <engineer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have designed a testSuite and provided Chrome, IE and Safari exe webdrivers to launch testSuite in Chrome, IE and Safari browsers. Now i want them to be accessed either by dependency or from any external project. Kindly let me know how to do it?

Krishnan Mahadevan

Feb 27, 2015, 4:50:13 AM2/27/15
to Selenium Users
No you cannot do that. Dependencies make sense only when they are as jars.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

David

Feb 27, 2015, 2:23:37 PM2/27/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
What type of dependency or external project?

Say if you have a maven project, you can place the driver binaries under /src/test/resources branch (or path). And if the maven project is in version control or some repository, whenever it is copied/cloned to some local machine, it gets the same folder structure. So all tests can reference/find the binaries by the relative maven project path to the test resources.