How to capture page load times with IDE using the app.telemetry page speed monitor

Patrick Delaney

Jul 27, 2016, 9:54:11 AM7/27/16
to Selenium Users
I am trying to do a quick and dirty page load test with Selenium IDE and using a plugin called app.telemetry page speed monitor. The tool provides a display in the tool bar of Firefox,(0.36 in red)  but I'm not sure how to capture that data via Selenium IDE?  Any thoughts.

Thanks
Pat

Patrick Delaney

Jul 31, 2016, 6:44:29 PM7/31/16
to Selenium Users
I did get a response from the developer, which answers my question> I just figured I would share it with you all:

The value displayed by app.telemetry Page Speed Monitor can't be accessed directly.
However the value that is displayed can be calculated using the following JavaScript executed in the page context:
window.performance.timing.loadEventStart - window.performance.timing.navigationStart;