Has anyone here tried using the InternetExplorerDriverServer (IE11) on a new nano server?

Clint Pedersen

Dec 5, 2016, 4:07:30 PM12/5/16
to Selenium Users
Yes, I know there is no GUI, but IE11 is included in a base install... I'm wondering if anyone has thought to try it out? If not, I may have to be the one that gives it a go...

The reason I ask is because all of our automation is done on AWS. There's a big potential time saver (boot/config time) if we can run our Selenium Grid on nano servers...

Shawn McCarthy

Dec 5, 2016, 6:00:21 PM12/5/16
to Selenium Users
Would this be a docker container eventually ? Would IE11 even open on a machine without a GUI ?  I am curious about this as well, and figure it must somehow be possible to run IE11 or Edge in a Windows container (with a virtual frame buffer).

David

Dec 6, 2016, 12:16:57 PM12/6/16
to Selenium Users