java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.base.Preconditions

Manuel Moreno

Apr 3, 2018, 10:44:57 PM4/3/18
to Selenium Users
Im getting this error.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(ZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
at org
.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverService.findExecutable(DriverService.java:124)
at org
.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriverService.access$000(ChromeDriverService.java:32)
at org
.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriverService$Builder.findDefaultExecutable(ChromeDriverService.java:137)
at org
.openqa.selenium.remote.service.DriverService$Builder.build(DriverService.java:339)
at org
.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriverService.createDefaultService(ChromeDriverService.java:88)
at org
.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver.<init>(ChromeDriver.java:123)

Im building a bot for social media , so Im using Selenium libraries, and the bot works fine on a Java Application , but when I copy the code to a Web Application where I have a Servlet listening to my Android application , when I run the servlet , and the servlet calls the code of the bot that use Selenium, it throws that error when it comes to that line.

System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\Users\\manue\\OneDrive\\Escritorio\\chromedriver.exe");
    driver
= new ChromeDriver();

I had read that it can be becouse of the version of guava that I have , but my version of guava is updated and I have tried all versions , and I dont know why Im getting this error.

In my maven pom.xml I have the dependencies like this:

<dependency>
        <groupId>javax</groupId>
        <artifactId>javaee-web-api</artifactId>
        <version>7.0</version>
        <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.seleniumhq.selenium/selenium-java -->
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
        <artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
        <version>3.10.0</version>
    </dependency>

All help is  welcome and Thanks in advice.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Apr 3, 2018, 10:49:23 PM4/3/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

What do you use to serve your web application ? Tomcat ? Perhaps you might want to check if there are any libraries that are being exposed by Tomcat via its lib folder, that is causing the confusion?

The fact that it works fine as a standalone java application, indicates that your project doesn’t have any problem.

The fact that it crashes when run as a servlet indicates that the problem is maybe in your web server’s lib.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Date: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 8:14 AM
To: Selenium Users <seleniu...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [selenium-users] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.base.Preconditions

Manuel Moreno

Apr 12, 2018, 5:23:39 AM4/12/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Krishnan Mahadevan , thanks for your reply  , I am using a glassfish server to run the servlet,  while cheking the meta-inf folder of the server
all the libraries were correct , I m going to change the glassfish server for a Tomcat server. I will tell you something when I change it.

To post to this group, send email to
selenium-users@googlegroups.com.