Is there some date or is it planned when Selenium is going to require Java 8+?

lorenzo...@openbravo.com

Aug 27, 2015, 8:41:18 AM8/27/15
to Selenium Users
Hi all,
It would be great for me to know when Selenium is going to require Java 8+ I am wondering to update to Java 7 for this new 2.47.1 Java 7+ requirement. But if there is some info about Selenium requiring Java 8+ maybe I can consider to update directly to Java 8.

Thank you all for your time.

Shawn McCarthy

Aug 27, 2015, 10:43:34 AM8/27/15
to Selenium Users
You can update to java 8 now and everything should work fine (I think). I have been using java 8 for awhile now. Also, Java 7 is EOL'd already...

Kit

Aug 28, 2015, 5:44:33 AM8/28/15
to Selenium Users
Sure you should upgrade to java 8 already now.

четвер, 27 серпня 2015 р. 15:41:18 UTC+3 користувач lorenzo...@openbravo.com написав:

lorenzo...@openbravo.com

Aug 28, 2015, 5:56:08 AM8/28/15
to Selenium Users
Thank you both. The question here is if it is going to be REQUIRED (not adviced) soon, due to updating to Java8+ is an extra effort right now.

lorenzo...@openbravo.com

Sep 3, 2015, 4:10:22 AM9/3/15
to Selenium Users
Ok, I have been answered: "It's going to be a while before Java 8 is required" in selenium.

Thank you all.