Selenium 3.5.0 and 3.6.0 cannot load e10s compatible extensions in FF56.0

Guy Gagnon

Oct 18, 2017, 1:53:09 PM10/18/17
to Selenium Users
Environment:
Windows 10 x64
FF56.0  x64
e10s extension
Geckodriver v0.19

Expected result:
Extension gets loaded

Actual result:
"FileNotFoundException is thrown "Could not find file '.\appdata\local\temp\anymous.hash.webdriver\[extensionname]\install.rdf'. "
This is a non-e10s format. The e10s format doesn't require this file and hence it looks like selenium is not yet e10s compatible.

Steps to reproduce:

If you use this code with the proper E10SExtensionLocation , GeckoDriverLocationPath, BrowserExecutableLocation

FirefoxOptions options = new FirefoxOptions();
FirefoxProfileManager pm = new FirefoxProfileManager();
string pn = pm.ExistingProfiles.Where(profiles => profiles.Contains("default")).Single();
options.Profile = pm.GetProfile(pn);
option.BrowserExecutableLocation = BrowserExecutableLocation;
options.Profile.AddExtension(E10SExtensionLocation);
FirefoxDriverService fds = FirefoxDriverService.CreateDefaultService(GeckoDriverLocationPath);
FirefoxDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver(fds, options, TimeSpan.FromSeconds(30));

This code used to work for legacy extensions but now we need to start using e10s moving forward as per requirement from Firefox.

Am i doing something wrong or are we going to fix selenium to support e10s going forward? What is the timeframe for this to happen?

Jim Evans

Oct 18, 2017, 7:36:26 PM10/18/17
to Selenium Users
You’re right, it’s a bug in the .NET language bindings. When will it be fixed? When the (unpaid volunteer) contributors who maintain the .NET bindings get around to fixing it. As one of those, who is consumed by other matters at the moment, more than a few of which I actually get paid for, I can give no time frame or schedule. I’m sorry that’s not the answer you want to hear.