unable to see available methods

Huong Nguyen

Oct 22, 2016, 9:23:25 AM10/22/16
to Selenium Users
Hi ,

I'm new to Selenium and I try to install/setup Selenium webdriver on my home Window 10 - 64bit computer. I first download Java JDK 8u112 for window x64, then Eclipse IDE java Kepler SR1 win32x86-64, finally Selenium-java 3.0.1.

After that I launch eclipse.exe, create a new project, create a new package, new class, importing Selenium webdriver into Java Build Path. I attach the screenshots of my setting here with the list of all jar files I imported including selenium-server-standalone 3.0.1.jar

However, when I create a new FirefoxDriver instance, my driver seems doesn't have its available methods.

Here is my code. When I type "myDriver." I expect eclipse will show me all available methods but it does nothing.

import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver;
import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver;

public class BuyBook {

FirefoxDriver myDriver = new FirefoxDriver();
myDriver.
}

Moreover, if I type in myDriver.get("www.amazon.com"); I get syntax error. I have a feeling I didn't do the installation right or I'm missing some sort of jar file, but couldn't figure out how to fix it. Please help!!! Thank you so much
ProjectSetup.docx

sski...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 3:27:35 AM10/24/16
to Selenium Users
I am sure firefox driver has not been installed properly, any error in "import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver;" ? Can you try Chrome or IE ?