Re: Can the session be continued????

Marc Holden

Oct 23, 2006, 10:09:44 AM10/23/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
OK. I got this to work using the *chrome and proxyinjection set to false. I have not tried with proxyinjection set to true.

I am accessing the website using an IP address in the URL. Each test then accesses the same URI (http://192.168.18.76:8080/app_root). All tests are in a single domain. Because of this I did not think that the chrome was needed.

Marc Holden

Oct 23, 2006, 10:59:41 AM10/23/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
The server being used is from code pulled down this morning.

If starting the Selenium Server from the command line with the -browserSessionReuse option, the server fails to start because -proxyInjectionMode option needs to be used. However, when starting the server programatically the session reuse functionality does not depend on the proxy injection.

If the proxy injection dependency is correct (which I hope it is not...) then the help text for the violation needs to be corrected. The current help refers to the "-browserSessionReuse" option as "-reusingBrowserSessions"

To further complicate things,
If running with pifirefox the warning for defect 300992 is given.
-This in turn causes the test to fail. Title is not correct.
-Second test passes (for me at least).
-Third test fails because it cannot find an element on the page. NPE logged.
-Tests Four & Five fail with Internal Server Errors
"Oct 23, 2006 10:47:24 AM org.openqa.selenium.server.ProxyHandler handle
WARNING: java.lang.NullPointerException"
The stack:
com.thoughtworks.selenium.SeleniumException: Internal Server Error
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.getCommandResponse(HttpCommandProcessor.java:117)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.executeCommandOnServlet(HttpCommandProcessor.java:82)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.doCommand(HttpCommandProcessor.java:68)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.getString(HttpCommandProcessor.java:150)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.getBoolean(HttpCommandProcessor.java:210)
at com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium.isTextPresent(DefaultSelenium.java:358)
at com.plansysit.qa.selenium.demo.cwest_web.login.TestLoginPage.testEmptyUserIdPopulatedPassword(TestLoginPage.java:111)
at junit.extensions.jfunc.JFuncTestCase.runTest(JFuncTestCase.java:136)
at junit.extensions.jfunc.JFuncTestCase.runBare(JFuncTestCase.java:111)
at junit.extensions.jfunc.JFuncTestCase$1.protect(JFuncTestCase.java:94)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at junit.extensions.jfunc.JFuncTestCase.run(JFuncTestCase.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:478)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:344)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

If running in chrome, the tests hang when trying to execute the second test. The first test executes correctly. Text before hanging:
GET: open
Browser 345330/:top sel_46427 posted OK
Got result: OK on session 345330
GET: waitForPageToLoad