Invoke cmd on a remote machine via Jenkins

Sheru

Oct 12, 2017, 10:33:58 PM10/12/17
to Selenium Users
Hello everyone,

I want to spin up selenium grid and make it active on a Jenkins Slave thru  Jenkins job and monitor it all the time to avoid any selenium scripts failure.

Can this be achieved.If yes how to configure Jenkins job.

I have used windows batch command in Jenkins job to execute the selenium command but it didn't work.

Any help and suggestion.

Thanks,Sheru

Krishnan Mahadevan

Oct 12, 2017, 11:13:08 PM10/12/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

If you are going to be managing this via Jenkins, then why not just use the Jenkins Selenium Plugin ?

Here are a few getting started guides which talks about how to use this plugin:

http://www.agiletrailblazers.com/blog/automated-testing-with-selenium-grid-and-jenkins

http://www.automeditator.com/run-grid-on-jenkins/

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Sheru

Oct 13, 2017, 7:46:19 PM10/13/17
to Selenium Users
HI Krishnan,

Thanks  for your prompt response.

This doesn't work in our environment ,we uses cloud bees Jenkins --so every execution is executed by a dedicated  executor which requires license.

Any other option in detail, am planning to invoke cmd thru Jenkins scripts and then enter the command to start selenium grid.

Thank you,Sheru

Krishnan Mahadevan

Oct 14, 2017, 5:49:07 AM10/14/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

What does that mean ? I believe Jenkins does let you install plugins. Are you stating that your license doesn’t include the option to install plugins ?

For you to even think of spinning off the hub and node on the Jenkins node, how are you thinking of making the Selenium uber jar available there ? Have you considered de-coupling this hard dependency between your Jenkins and Selenium Grid, and instead just maintain a separate standalone Grid (which can be monitored separately) to which your tests running on cloud bees route tests to ?

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

From: <seleniu...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Sheru <ssh...@gmail.com>

Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 5:16 AM