Testing reponsive designed website

Sagari Sabharwal

Aug 11, 2017, 9:26:43 AM8/11/17
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I am currently automating web page which is responsive and I Need to test against various port sizes.
Some parts gets hidden while resizing. Which Approach should I follow logic wise?

Kind Regards,
Sagari

Vipul Agarwal

Aug 11, 2017, 11:42:42 PM8/11/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Go with Galen frame for responsive testing.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM, 'Sagari Sabharwal' via Selenium Users <seleniu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (selenium-users@googlegroups.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Sagari Sabharwal

Aug 14, 2017, 3:00:16 AM8/14/17
to Selenium Users
Hi Vipul,

Thanks for your Reply. I dont want to test the design but only the Content in different sizes. Like some Elements hides itself in mobile view. How can I handle this?

Kind Regards.
Sagari

Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (seleniu...@googlegroups.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Hi,

I am currently automating web page which is responsive and I Need to test against various port sizes.
Some parts gets hidden while resizing. Which Approach should I follow logic wise?

Kind Regards,
Sagari

David

Aug 14, 2017, 5:56:50 PM8/14/17
to Selenium Users
I would have thought galen framework can help you test what you want. If not, you can simply resize browser using Selenium/javascript to the desired view sizes, then verify that the elements have the right properties (e.g. display, etc. properties marked as hidden or equivalent) and that it is not that value when it is displayed in the other views. If you really want to validate it is rendered properly (displayed, not displayed, not just based on HTML/CSS properties), then you'd have to use visual validation tools to verify it actually renders or not renders (Sikuli, Applitools, etc.).

There are also tools that do a diff between an expected type of screenshot vs what the browser renders for you to determine if it is rendered properly or not. http://testautomation.applitools.com/post/105435804567/how-to-do-visual-testing-with-selenium