Re: [selenium-rc-users] Prevent iehta and chrome browsers popping up

Khuong

Sep 11, 2006, 2:41:49 PM9/11/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
How would the syntax look for Linux?

I normally invoke "*firefox /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox-bin" which works in bringing up firefox/chrome/custom but I cannot specify a default profile.

If I use:

"*firefox /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox-bin -P /home/user/myprofile" I see errors and selenium-server.jar fails to launch the browser.

Ian

Sep 17, 2006, 7:06:01 PM9/17/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
How would the syntax look for any system? Everybody says to use a different profile, but I've yet to see the syntax that actually does it.

alex

Sep 18, 2006, 8:09:37 AM9/18/06

forum-selen...@openqa.org a écrit :
> How would the syntax look for any system? Everybody says to use a different profile, but I've yet to see the syntax that actually does it.

I think, you have to launch firefox not using *firefox but using whole
path to binary and using the -P <profile_name> option
Hope it helps
Alex

Ce message est protégé par les règles relatives au secret des correspondances. Il est donc établi à destination exclusive de son destinataire. Celui-ci peut donc contenir des informations confidentielles. La divulgation de ces informations est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à l'expéditeur dont l'adresse e-mail figure ci-dessus et de détruire le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe.

This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules. Therefore, this message is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. This message may contain privileged or confidential information, as such the disclosure of these informations is strictly forbidden. If, by mistake, you have received this message, please return this message to the addressser whose e-mail address is written above and destroy this message and all files attached.

Khuong

Sep 18, 2006, 4:16:43 PM9/18/06
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for replying, Alex. However, if I use your suggested syntax on Linux like so:

"/usr/lib64/firefox/firefox-bin -P default"

Not using "*something"Results in the error:

Selenium server running in debug mode.
Standard error test.
HTML suite exception seen:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Browser not supported: /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox-bin -P default
(Did you forget to add a *?)

Supported browsers include:
*chrome
*firefox
*piiexplore
*iehta
*opera
*pifirefox
*safari
*iexplore
*custom

at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.BrowserLauncherFactory.browserNotSupported(BrowserLauncherFactory.java:110)
at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.BrowserLauncherFactory.getBrowserLauncher(BrowserLauncherFactory.java:90)
at org.openqa.selenium.server.htmlrunner.HTMLLauncher.runHTMLSuite(HTMLLauncher.java:42)
at org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.main(SeleniumServer.java:332)
Shutting down...

Also, when I tried using "*firefox /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox-bin -P default" it also fails.

Looking at BrowserLauncherFactory.java, it seems like the server expects one of the above *browser values. I am not using interactive mode, but merely trying to start up Firefox with a default profile. My hopes are that if I use an existing profile, an HTTPS site certificate which has already been accepted will no longer popup a window. This would allow my scripts to continue running uninterrupted.

-Khuong