Selenium Grid with C Sharp

Ram Deote

Jun 27, 2011, 8:52:25 AM6/27/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am using cucumber/spec flow features to run on Selenium RC with C Sharp/Nunit.
Now i am caring about multi browser testing on different platforms with Selenium Grid.
Can anyone help me in this regards from scratch.(E.g What are all combinations i can plug in with existing tool sets)

Note:I found small info from forums is:  PNunit. Gallio is the tool who can drive tests in parallel on multi browser.
Can anyone put more light on same if you implemented in your project/framework.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ram

Mellow Crow

Jun 29, 2011, 9:23:09 AM6/29/11
to Selenium Users
I was in the same boat as you. I wanted to use .NET/C# to run Selenium
Tests. I successfully run C# tests with NUnit against Selenium RC. I
then tried to run the tests in parallel using Selenium Grid and
switched to Gallio and MbUnit in order to do this (rather than Nunit
and PNunit). The tests did run in parrallel but with errors
(unexpected fails).

Regardless of selenium I learnt, incidentally, that Gallio/MbUnit is
superior to Nunit for testing.

I asked for help here http://groups.google.com/group/selenium-users/browse_frm/thread/92b8a11534ef9a70
but got no reply.

I'm not clear that anyone has been successful running C# against
Selenium Grid in parallel. For the time being I've switched to writing
my tests in Java and TestNG. That seems to be the preferred/default
language that the Selenium Devs use and the Selenium Grid
documentation has Java examples.

I'm in the process of creating my own hello world Java and Selenium
Grid example and I'm more optimistic of success using that platform.

François Reynaud

Jun 29, 2011, 9:40:09 AM6/29/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
hi,

there has been a lot of changes in grid lately. If you're trying again with c# and still have issues let me know.
I've heard some people successfully using grid2 + c#

the language you use shouldn't make a difference when you use a remote driver / grid.
thanks,
françois

Ram Deote

Jun 29, 2011, 10:13:35 AM6/29/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Johnny & François for quick reply.

Johnny you are right ,i also managed the same with TestNg.
I tried with Gallio which i think unfortunately not well combination with Specflow.But for pure unit tests it responds pretty well.

François -Are you talking about Selenium Grid 2 or RC 2.   I am trying Grid 1.0.8. Please guide if you have any pointers.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram

2011/6/29 François Reynaud <francois...@gmail.com>

François Reynaud

Jun 29, 2011, 10:48:29 AM6/29/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I can help you with grid2, not grid1.
It supports both selenium1 ( RC ) and webdriver / selenium2.

thanks,
François

Bhuvana Sriram

Aug 23, 2016, 6:37:49 PM8/23/16
to Selenium Users

   I have also similar issues with integrating SpecRun (C#) and Selenium Grid. I am trying to spawn 5 threads to hit the same URL 5 times. I have created the HUB and node and able to see them using http://localhost:4444/grid/console. But the problem is the test runs just once rather than 5 times. (5 threads are created though, but tests are running just once and successful). Looking for a more of a concurrent hit from the same computer 5 times.

Any help would be appreciated.