firefox3c:\blah\firefox.exe on session null

Durga

Apr 11, 2011, 12:57:30 PM4/11/11
to Selenium Users
Hi All,

I am getting the following error when i am running the script with
Selenium RC java with Windows 7,Same script worked at office with
windows XP.Can any one come across with this issue,then please let me
know the solution,Below iam givng the stack trace:

22:20:53.816 INFO - creating new remote session
22:20:53.887 INFO - Got result: Failed to start new browser session:
java.lang.R
untimeException: Firefox 3 could not be found in the path!
Please add the directory containing ''firefox.exe'' to your PATH
environment
variable, or explicitly specify a path to Firefox 3 like this:
*firefox3c:\blah\firefox.exe on session null
22:20:54.011 INFO - Command request: open[/newdefault.aspx?
mode=logoff, ] on ses
sion null
22:20:54.012 ERROR - Exception running 'open 'command on session null
java.lang.NullPointerException: sessionId should not be null; has this
session b
een started yet?
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.FrameGroupCommandQueueSet.getQueueSet(Fram
eGroupCommandQueueSet.java:216)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.commands.SeleniumCoreCommand.execute(Selen
iumCoreCommand.java:34)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.doCommand(Se
leniumDriverResourceHandler.java:562)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.handleComman
dRequest(SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.java:370)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumDriverResourceHandler.handle(Selen
iumDriverResourceHandler.java:129)
at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:
1530)
at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:
1482)
at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:
909)
at
org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:820)

at
org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:9
86)
at
org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
at
org.openqa.jetty.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.
java:245)
at
org.openqa.jetty.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
at org.openqa.jetty.util.ThreadPool
$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
22:20:54.016 INFO - Got result: ERROR Server Exception: sessionId
should not be
null; has this session been started yet? on session null
22:20:54.021 INFO - Command request: testComplete[, ] on session null
22:20:54.021 INFO - Got result: OK on session null

Thanks
Rajendra
09167143231

Lutfi Dughman

Apr 11, 2011, 1:02:08 PM4/11/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
path for firefox on xp is different than path for firefox on windows 7.

windows 7 now has program files (x86). make sure the path is correct

Durga

Apr 11, 2011, 1:06:24 PM4/11/11
to Selenium Users
do you mean at environment varialbles?please can u tell ?
> >09167143231begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            09167143231      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Lutfi Dughman

Apr 11, 2011, 1:09:03 PM4/11/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
when you create DefaultSelenium instance you pass "*firefox3  C:\firefoxpath", firefox path for windows 7 should be changed because its different than windows xp

raj

Apr 11, 2011, 1:16:37 PM4/11/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
no use.same error.thanks a lot for quick reply,plz suggest

Lutfi Dughman

Apr 11, 2011, 1:19:19 PM4/11/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
please show me the code you are using

raj

Apr 11, 2011, 1:28:10 PM4/11/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

import java.io.File;
import com.thoughtworks.selenium.*;
import org.junit.Before;
import org.junit.Test;

public class testreport extends SeleneseTestCase {
      @Before
      public void setUp() throws Exception {
            selenium = new DefaultSelenium("localhost", 4444, "*firefox3", "http://royale.testbox.com/");
            selenium.start();
      }

      @Test
      public void testKrunchBox() throws Exception {

          selenium.open("/newdefault.aspx?mode=logoff");
        selenium.type("textbox2", "xxxxxr");
        selenium.type("password", "xxxxx");
        selenium.click("submit");
        selenium.waitForPageToLoad("30000");
        selenium.selectFrame("body");
        selenium.click("link=01.04 Retailer performance trend");
        selenium.waitForPopUp("X66", "50000");
        selenium.selectWindow("name=X66");
        selenium.click("CheckBoxList1_0");
        selenium.click("btnsearch");
        selenium.waitForPageToLoad("300000");
        selenium.selectFrame("ReportFrameReportViewer1");
        selenium.selectFrame("report");
        String a= selenium.getText("//td[@id='oReportCell']/table/tbody/tr[1]/td/table/tbody/tr/td/table/tbody/tr[9]/td[7]");
        System.out.print(a);
      selenium.selectFrame("relative=up");
            selenium.selectFrame("relative=up");
            selenium.click("Button1");
            selenium.selectWindow("title=Krunchbox");
        selenium.click("link=01.31 Product Category Overview");
        selenium.waitForPopUp("X26", "300000");
        selenium.selectWindow("name=X26");
        selenium.select("DropDownList4", "label=Ties");
        selenium.click("btnsearch");
        selenium.waitForPageToLoad("30000");
        selenium.selectFrame("ReportFrameReportViewer1");
        selenium.selectFrame("report");
         String b= selenium.getText("//td[@id='oReportCell']/table/tbody/tr/td/table/tbody/tr[4]/td[2]/table/tbody/tr[8]/td[2]");
        System.out.print(a);
        Assert.assertEquals(a, b);

      }
}

Lutfi Dughman

Apr 11, 2011, 1:33:31 PM4/11/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
seems fine, i really cant see whats wrong here.

try reinstalling firefox, that might help.

raj

Apr 11, 2011, 1:38:27 PM4/11/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Ok,thank you, I do that and i ll let you know the result

Regards
Rajendra

sanjit chauhan

Apr 14, 2011, 11:40:43 AM4/14/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com, raj

Hello Raj,

Hv u got your solution?

raj

Apr 15, 2011, 5:53:44 AM4/15/11
to sanjit chauhan, Selenium Users

Can you tell me please how to do, what to give Environmemnt Variable name ?

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM, sanjit chauhan <san...@gmail.com> wrote:
Which OS u r using. If Win 7 den please update Firefox path in ur Environment variables explicitly.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM, raj <rajen...@gmail.com> wrote:
No Sanjit, I have not tried yet due to some urgent work, I ll let you know the status soon

sanjit chauhan

Apr 15, 2011, 6:00:22 AM4/15/11
to raj, Selenium Users

Hello Raj,

PFA doc. Hope dis will help you.
Helpdoc.docx

raj

Apr 15, 2011, 11:30:58 AM4/15/11
to sanjit chauhan, Selenium Users
Thank you ,It is worked  :)

johng...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2011, 11:36:26 AM4/15/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I have got strange issue with new social website http://www.appworld.co which i am working on.

Content in the right hand table always changes quite frequently based on the users like dislikes or playing comments etc...

Could you please anyone suggest how to keep track of new activities without going to another page.

Thanks

Content in the right hand table always changes quite frequently based on the users like dislikes or playing comments etc...

Could you please anyone suggest how to keep track of new activities without going to another page.

Thanks

grad1.gif
image2.gif
stampa_girl_line_en.gif

johng...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2011, 7:22:42 AM4/19/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I have got strange issue with new social website http://www.appworld.co which i am working on.

Content in the right hand table always changes quite frequently based on the users like dislikes or playing comments etc...

Could you please anyone suggest how to automate the testing of the right hand box which keep track of new activities without going to another page.

Thanks

grad.gif
image.gif
stampa_girl_line_en.gif

Mark Collin

Apr 19, 2011, 7:34:03 AM4/19/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

What are you trying to test? Are you checking that there is content in the box, or are you looking for specific content?

Why does users likes/dislikes affect your test system, you aren’t testing on live are you?

-- This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify postm...@ardescosolutions.com
image001.gif
image002.gif

johng...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2011, 7:40:12 AM4/19/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am testing on live few things.

What I want is if I click on those dynamic links it should take me to the correct app details. As it is changing frequently I am not able to track the content.
Also if anyone commented then I would like to make sure that comments are indeed there for that app.

Hope you got me
Thanks

What are you trying to test? Are you checking that there is content in the box, or are you looking for specific content?

Why does users likes/dislikes affect your test system, you aren’t testing on live are you?

Content in the right hand table always changes quite frequently based on the users like dislikes or playing comments etc...

Could you please anyone suggest how to automate the testing of the right hand box which keep track of new activities without going to another page.

Thanks

grad.gif
image0011.gif
image0022.gif
image.gif
imstp_animation_butterflies_en_020908.gif

Mark Collin

Apr 19, 2011, 8:40:16 AM4/19/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

First of all, Don’t test on live!!

Worst case scenario, your testing will break live and you will have an outage, secondly how are you going to reproduce any problems you find, it is not a controlled environment.

You can simulate user postings on your test site and run tests to check that the dynamic links are generated correctly, and that they link to the correct place.  You can also simulate comments on your test site and check that they are applied to the right place and ensure they are not applied anywhere else.

Functional tests like this should have been performed before you went live not after.

If you want to randomly fill test with links and then have an automated test check they are all working correctly you will need to find a way to associate dynamic links with specific apps, you can then read in the dynamic link information and based upon that check that the app they link to is the correct one.

Regards

Mark

image001.gif
image002.gif
image003.gif

johng...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2011, 8:51:57 AM4/19/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark for quick response.

We have tested all these manually before went live.

Lot of developments going on at the moment because within short period of time there is lot of traffic coming to this http://www.appworld.co so we have to automate ASAP all the elements to make development process faster.

OK I will check out your suggestions and see how it goes.

Thanks for your valuable suggetions. Cheers,
grad.gif
image0011.gif
image0022.gif
image0033.gif
image.gif
imstp_animation_butterflies_en_020908.gif

Sravani

Jun 24, 2012, 9:36:49 AM6/24/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
          Still I am facing same problem for firefox in windows 7. No i dont have multiple firefox in my system. I had deleted firefox software from the path C:\Program Files x(86)\Mozilla FireFox. Again I installed new version, in that process of installation i had selected Custom so that i had choose my own path for Firefox. I had kept firefox in the path C:\Program Files
But no use still I am facing same probelm. Can you go through with the error.  I had attached the image in png format.

Please any body help me in execution of the simple program in selenium

Thanks in Advance
Sravani

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:01:49 AM UTC+5:30, Sravani wrote:
Hi All,
         I am also facing the same error with windows 7 firefox for Selenium.
I done every thing in path environment variables which you had suggested but still i am facing problem with the error i.e.,

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not start Selenium session: Failed to start new browser session: Error while launching browser
    at com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium.start(DefaultSelenium.java:89)

Could you please help me.

Thanks in Advance
Sravani
Selenium Error.png

raghu nandan

Jun 25, 2012, 2:22:17 AM6/25/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
whar are the Firefox version and selenium version that you are using??

with regards
RaghuNandan

Do you know that it takes 10 litres of water to produce 1 sheet of A4 paper?

Don't print this unless you have to :)

Panikera Raj

Jun 24, 2012, 10:09:58 AM6/24/12
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sravani,
May i know the browser version which is ur persional system.

Regards,
Raaj