Can we make selenium to run our own scripts?

Murali Kandula

Aug 16, 2017, 12:00:46 PM8/16/17
to Selenium Users
Is there any plugin functionality that selenium provides where after a GUI test is passed run a script (myscript.groovy) and check the value of the result returned by the myscript.groovy and based on that proceed to the next GUI tests.

Can I achieve this scenario using Selenium?

Thanks
Murali

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 16, 2017, 1:34:44 PM8/16/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

You don’t need selenium for that. You can have your client bindings (for e.g., your java based Selenium test (or) your python based selenium test) directly invoke your post execution script (groovy script for e.g.,). Selenium is involved only when you need to interact with a web application via a web browser.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan