Exact use of Chromedriverservice & IEdriverservice class

Pravesh Prajapati

Aug 7, 2017, 6:53:54 AM8/7/17
to Selenium Users
Hi Team,
Please explain me the exact use of Chromedriverservice & IEdriverservice class in selenium.
What is the advantage to use these class in automation.
IF we can do the same with chromedriver and Internetexplorerdriver.
Please reply

Nitish Kumar

Aug 13, 2017, 9:22:29 AM8/13/17
to Selenium Users
Actual use is to control the chrome driver lifetime, as for chrome we need to use a separate driver which interact with actual browser, so generally you need a fresh instance of browser not the chrome driver.

You could refer to chrome driver getting started docs, they have a section that describe this thing "Controlling ChromeDriver's lifetime"