SendKeys, Click and Clear not working for some parts of unit test

Jie-Ying Phua

Dec 18, 2017, 12:49:18 AM12/18/17
to Selenium Users
I am using Selenium Webdriver 3.8.0, IE 11 and 64 bit Win 10 Pro.

Click and Clear are not working at all (I read elsewhere this seems to be a known IE issue). SendKeys is fine when I am logging in (typing password and username and then hitting Enter), but once I try to simulate actions on a Kendo dropdown menu I get the error message that IWebElement doesn't have Click/Clear/SendKeys defined. Any constructive input appreciated ASAP. Thanks!

Sample code I have problems running:

driver.FindElement(By.Id("(id)")).clear();

driver.FindElement(By.XPath("//ul[@id='(id)']/li")).Click();
driver.FindElements(By.XPath("//[@id='(id)']/div[2]/span/span/span[1]")).Click();