not able to execute the script

santhosh thanuku

Jul 5, 2011, 11:34:13 AM7/5/11
to Selenium Users
Exception in thread "main"
com.thoughtworks.selenium.SeleniumException: ERROR Server Exception:
sessionId should not be null; has this session been started yet?
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.throwAssertionFailureExceptionOrError(HttpCommandProcessor.java:
97)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.HttpCommandProcessor.doCommand(HttpCommandProcessor.java:
91)
at
com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium.open(DefaultSelenium.java:
335)
at c1.tab(c1.java:15)
at c1.main(c1.java:24)

i am using java on eclipse
what does this error mean ? please can anyone help me

Tarun K

Jul 5, 2011, 1:10:52 PM7/5/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
It means you instantiated Selenium bit did not start it.
Wish you had posted code example also.

~tarun
http://seleniumsoftwaretesting.blogspot.com/

santhosh thanuku

Jul 5, 2011, 1:16:59 PM7/5/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
hi I am pasting the code please can you let me know what went wrong i am new to selenium struggling  to find

import com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium;

public class c1 {

    public static DefaultSelenium c1 = new DefaultSelenium("localhost",4444,"*firefox","http://");

    public static String tab()
    {
        c1.open("http://www.confused.com/");
        c1.start();
        c1.windowMaximize();
        return "pass";

    }

    public static void main(String[] args)  {
        // TODO Auto-generated method

        tab();

    }

}

Regards,
Santhosh Thanuku
EMail:thanuku....@gmail.com

santhosh thanuku

Jul 5, 2011, 1:48:11 PM7/5/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com, moises...@gmail.com
Hi
Thanks for reply
 evenputing the code before open () command  it doesnt works

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Moises Siles <moises...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure but try to put the c1.start() before open command

Moises Siles

Jul 5, 2011, 1:37:47 PM7/5/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure but try to put the c1.start() before open command

Luke Inman-Semerau

Jul 5, 2011, 2:23:48 PM7/5/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
have you started the selenium standalone server?

santhosh thanuku

Jul 6, 2011, 1:38:36 AM7/6/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
yes i started the server n then executed but it shows the same error